MUFFLER FOR AIR POWERED TURBINE DRIVE; PATENT
A muffler for an air powered turbine drive includes a cone section made of a perforated metal, a plurality of layers of sintered material on the inner surfaces of the cone section, an inner housing section substantially surrounding the cone section, an inner baffle wall between the inner housing section and the inner cone section, and an outer housing section substantially surround the inner housing section. Air entering the muffler through the cone section passes outwardly through the walls of the cone section and is then redirected several times before passing outwardly from the outer housing section in order to attenuate the noise in the air leaving the muffler without creating excessive muffler pressure.
- Filed 20 May 91 patented 23 Mar 93; Supersedes PAT-APPL-7-702 570, AD-D015 034.; This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of patent available Commissioner of Patents, Washington, DC 20231 $1.50.; Patent
Department of the NavyWashington, DC United States
- Kiss, M J
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Mufflers; Noise control; Patents; Turbines; Vehicle drive systems
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00666573
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-7-702 570; PATENT-5 196 653
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 3 1994 12:00AM