CLEVELAND HARBOR, CUYAHOGA COUNTY, OHIO CONFINED DISPOSAL FACILITY PROJECT (SITE 10B-15 YEAR); FINAL REPT
This technical report updates earlier reports that recommended the dikes be raised by seven feet at the existing Federal Confined Disposal Facility (CDF) at Site 14 and the construction of a new CDF at Site 10, north of Burke Lakefront Airport. During planning and design of the new site, water quality, water circulation, and other concerns were raised regarding the adjacent embayment caused by the construction of the CDF. A decision was made in February 1991 to terminate the work at the Burke East Site. This report describes the sites that were considered and evaluated, resubmits a modified Site 10 disposal ares adjacent to Burke Airport, and presents an economic and environmental evaluation of the site. Cleveland harbor, Confined disposal facility, Dredged material disposal.
Corps of Engineers Buffalo District.Buffalo, NY United States
- Publication Date: 1994
- Pagination: 304 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Dikes; Dredged materials; Harbors; Maintenance management; Sedimentation; Waste disposal; Water quality; Water quality management
- Uncontrolled Terms: Sediment transport; Site investigation
- Geographic Terms: Ohio
- Old TRIS Terms: Circulation; Water pollution abatement
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00666488
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 3 1994 12:00AM