RAILWAY OCCURRENCE REPORT: CANADIAN PACIFIC LIMITED, DERAILMENT, TRAIN NO. 2-571-24, MILE 77.92, MAPLE CREEK SUBDIVISION, CARDELL, SASKATCHEWAN, 1606 MDT, 26 JUNE 1990
A total of 25 cars in Canadian Pacific Limited (CP) westward freight train no. 2-571-24 derailed at Mile 77.92 of the Maple Creek Subdivision, two miles west of Cardell, Saskatchewan. Approximately 500 feet of track was destroyed. One tank car was ruptured and two others leaked. All three had been unloaded but contained a small amount of anhydrous ammonia. The spill was minor, and there were no injuries. This document provides the factual information, an analysis, the conclusions drawn, and safety action taken and required.
- Text in English and French. French edition on the same fiche.
Transportation Safety Board of Canada1765 St Laurent Boulevard
Ottawa, Ontario K1G 3V4, Canada
- Publication Date: 1993
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash analysis; Crash investigation; Derailments; Railroad crashes
- Identifier Terms: Canadian Pacific; Canadian Pacific Railway Company
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00666438
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 7 1994 12:00AM