ANALYSIS OF USCG REPLACEMENT STERN-LOADING BUOY BOAT REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AIDS TO NAVIGATION MISSION
The Volpe Center was asked by the Coast Guard to analyze the replacement stern-loading buoy boat requirements using the ATON Service Force Mix (SFM) Decision Support System (DSS). The DSS was developed previously by the Volpe Center in support of the Coast Guard's SFM 2000 Project to help determine the required fleet size and mix of replacement coastal and seagoing tenders needed to replace the current fleet of WLMs and WLBs. In addition to the work being performed by BUs and BUSLs, the Volpe Center considered two other areas for BUSLR employment: the buoy work of Coast Guard inland tenders (WLIs) and inland construction tenders (WLICs); and the assurance of adequate secondary response capabilities for the current WLM and WLB home ports proposed for elimination by the SFM 2000 Project.
Volpe National Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- BROWN, K A
- Publication Date: 1993-8
- Pagination: 121 p.
- TRT Terms: Buoys; Equipment replacement; Inland waterways; Navigational aids; Research; Ship pilotage; Tenders
- Identifier Terms: United States Coast Guard
- Old TRIS Terms: Buoy boats; Replacements
- Subject Areas: Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00666432
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-VNTSC-CG-93-1, DOT-CG-N-01-93
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 27 1994 12:00AM