VANPOOLING: A HANDBOOK TO HELP YOU SET UP A PROGRAM AT YOUR COMPANY
The report provides guidance to employers on starting vanpool programs to serve their employees. The document is divided into four sections: vanpooling overview, program design, program management, and a two part appendix that contains sample forms and informative resource material. The program management discussion details a ten step plan to get vans on the road, which includes recruiting riders and drivers, establishing fares, getting insurance, and record-keeping for the vanpools once operational. For the sake of clarity, the authors targeted the handbook towards employee transportation coordinators who are in charge of their company's vanpooling efforts and who choose to lease vanpool vehicles. However, the information can be useful to anyone interested in forming a vanpool.
- Record URL:
Commuter Transportation Services, Incorporated3550 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA United States 90010
Technology Sharing ProgramResearch and Special Programs Admin, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1993
- Pagination: 56 p.
- TRT Terms: Employer sponsored transportation; Handbooks; Paratransit services; Special user groups; Vanpools
- Subject Areas: Highways; Public Transportation; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00666411
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-T-93-20
- Files: NTL, TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 22 1994 12:00AM