PEDESTRIAN INJURY REDUCTION RESEARCH. REPORT TO THE CONGRESS
The report presents highlights of research conducted to explore the technology and feasibility of modifying vehicle designs to better protect pedestrian impact victims. It also presents information on head injury reduction, thoracic injury reduction, and leg injury reduction. The report contains information on avoiding pedestrian-vehicle impacts and on behavior modification research and programs that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recommends to states and communities that are based on the research.
- Record URL:
- See also PB89-221121.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1993-6
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Head; Injuries; Leg; Pedestrian vehicle interface; Pedestrians; Safety; Safety programs; Thorax; Traffic conflicts
- Uncontrolled Terms: Head injuries; Injury prevention
- Old TRIS Terms: Behavioral objectives; Leg injuries; Pedestrian injuries
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00666339
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-808 026
- Files: HSL, NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 12 1994 12:00AM