GENERAL ECONOMIC EVALUATION PROCEDURE FOR OCEAN TRANSPORTATION
The paper, after a brief discourse on traditional rules-of-thumb for decision making, outlines the development of the interest formulae that are the basis of most evaluation procedures. Then a discussion is made as to the types of economic alternatives that require management decision and the relationship of the evaluation procedure tool to these alternatives. The second part is a discussion of some of the details and general philosophy that must be considered in the calculation of the economic criteria. The third part deals with applications of the criteria to specific business organizations, i.e., independent shipowner, ancillary organization to a larger organization and subsidized organization.
- Presented before the Metropolitan Section of the SNAME, New York, N.Y., May 23, 1968.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Sawyer, M R
- Publication Date: 1969-5
- Features: Appendices; References;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Economics; Investments; Planning; Risk analysis; Ship operations; Transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Ship operation); Investment planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00032666
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1974 12:00AM