This booklet is intended to help car buyers use safety as the basis of their decision when they choose and buy a car. Advice is included on seat belts, child restraints, steering wheels and columns, air bags, head restraints and anti theft devices. The booklet also contains tables of car safety ratings based on the risk of driver injury. The ratings are calculated from a study of over 100,000 accidents involving two-car accidents.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/011551225X
Her Majesty Stationary Office49 High Holborn
London WC1V 6HB, England
- Publication Date: 1994
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Air bags; Automobiles; Children; Door latches; Hazards; Headrests; Locks (Fasteners); Manual safety belts; Safety; Steering columns; Steering wheels
- ITRD Terms: 1465: Air bag (restraint system); 1243: Car; 1357: Car door; 1758: Child; 1357: Door (car); 1357: Door lock; 1399: Head restraint; 1357: Lock (car door); 9150: Risk; 1665: Safety; 1476: Safety belt; 1309: Steering column; 1307: Steering wheel
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00665090
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport Research Laboratory
- ISBN: 0-11-551225-X
- Files: ITRD, ATRI
- Created Date: Sep 9 1994 12:00AM