NATIONAL TRANSIT SUMMARIES AND TRENDS FROM THE 1992 NATIONAL TRANSIT DATABASE
The National Transit Summaries and Trends (NTST) provides a national overview of the mass transit industry. The NTST highlights the aggregate financial and operational characteristics and trends of mass transit for the five-year period 1988-1992 and the ten year period 1983-1992. Key statistics and performance indicators are presented. This report presents a National Transit Profile, as well as profiles for urbanized areas of under 200,000; 200,00 to one million; and, over one million residents. Exhibits presented reflect National Transit Profile information by size of urbanized area. These profiles provide aggregate transit service performance and financial information for 1992. Performance indicators are used to measure the effectiveness of that service. These performance indicators are presented by mode of service and type of service (directly operated versus purchased transportation services). Performance indicators by size of urbanized area are presented in selected instances.
- Record URL:
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1994-5
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Capital costs; Finance; Financing; Operating costs; Performance; Urban transit
- Uncontrolled Terms: Performance indicators
- Old TRIS Terms: National transit profile
- Subject Areas: Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00664642
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Transit Administration
- Files: NTL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 29 1994 12:00AM