DATA ELEMENT DICTIONARY FOR TRAFFIC RECORDS SYSTEMS (ANSI D-20.1-1993)
This second edition is designed to facilitate continued coordination among data system developers. The purpose of this American National Standard is to provide a common set of coding instructions for data elements related to highway safety (crashes, emergency medical services, highway and traffic inventory), driver licensing, and vehicle registration. This edition has been extensively updated for greater compatibility with operating systems. Data transfer between systems and jurisdictions is steadily increasing, and this dictionary promotes uniformity in the transmission of records.
American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators4200 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 1100
Arlington, VA United States 22203
- Chatfield, B V
- Publication Date: 1993
- Pagination: 311 p.
- TRT Terms: Coding systems; Data storage; Dictionaries; Driver licensing; Highway safety; Information storage and retrieval systems; Motor vehicles; Registration; Standards
- Old TRIS Terms: Highway safety standards
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00664539
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 2 1994 12:00AM