DURABLE CONCRETE STRUCTURES
This practical design guide allies basic technical knowledge with current engineering experience of the durability of concrete and concrete structures, presenting appropriate solutions for different environmental conditions. It is intended for practicing design and construction engineers who need to understand the most important deterioration processes and their governing parameters. The book presents simplified models of degradation mechanism, influencing factors and practical solutions. Brief contents include: Theoretical background. Transport mechanisms in concrete. Physical processes in concrete. Chemical processes in concrete. Biological processes in concrete. Reinforcement. Environmental aggressivity. Classification of environmental exposure. Design, construction and maintenance.
Thomas Telford LimitedLondon, United Kingdom
- Publication Date: 1992
- Pagination: 128 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Concrete construction; Concrete structures; Durability; Reinforced concrete; Reinforcement (Engineering); Weathering
- Old TRIS Terms: Degradation (Aggregate)
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; Materials; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls; I32: Concrete;
- Accession Number: 00664494
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 17 1994 12:00AM