HANDLING HAZARDOUS MATERIALS. 1994 EDITION
This guidebook has been developed to help fleets comply with the regulations of the U.S. Department of Transportation, and to assist carriers in improving their hazardous materials safety programs. The book provides updated information on the regulations in simplified language, and sets forth the changes in the internal programs and procedures in fleets made necessary by the recent amendments by the Department of Transportation and the Environmental Protection Agency. The contents are organized as follows: Classification of Hazardous Materials; Hazardous Materials Table; Appendix A to Section 172.101 - List of Hazardous Substances and Reportable Quantities; Table 1 - List of Hazardous Substances Other Than Radionuclides; Table 2 - List of Hazardous Substances and RQ's - Radionuclides; Appendix B to Section 172.102 - List of Marine Pollutants; Special Provisions; Identification Number - Cross Reference to Proper Shipping Names in Section 172.101; Shipping Paper and Manifest Requirements; Markings; Labels; Placarding; Emergency Response Communications Standards; Hazardous Materials Handling Program; Handling Radioactive Materials; Handling Hazardous Wastes; Emergency Procedures; Appendix A - The List of Extremely Hazardous Substances and Their Threshold Planning Quantities; Public Relations in Emergencies; Hazardous Materials Supplies; and Transition Period for Implementation of HM-181.
Alexandria, VA United States 22314-4686
- Publication Date: 1994
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 264 p.
- TRT Terms: Amendments; Bills of lading; Classification; Compliance; Disasters and emergency operations; Emergency communication systems; Equipment; Federal laws; Fleet management; Guides to information; Handling characteristics; Hazardous materials; Hazardous wastes; Labeling; Placarding; Pollutants; Public relations; Radioactive materials; Seas; Ship's papers; Tables (Data)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency procedures; Fleets; Handling
- Old TRIS Terms: Federal regulations; Guides; Identification number; Marine pollutants; Markings
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00664386
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 24 1994 12:00AM