CLOSURE OF THE GIWW AND ITS IMPACT ON THE TEXAS HIGHWAY TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM: FINAL REPORT - VOLUME II
This report was developed for use by the Texas Department of Transportation in planning efforts to reduce the degree of impact on the Texas highways in the event of a closure of the Texas Gulf Intracoastal Waterway. With the provision of up-to-date GIWW commodities and roadway conditions, the methodologies developed in this report can predict the expected tonnage to be shifted to the highway system and its associated detrimental effects. This volume, Volume II, contains appendices D through L.
- Research study title: Closure of the GIWW and Its Impact on the Texas Highway Transportation System.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Austin, TX United States 78763-5051
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Roop, S S
- Wang, D U
- Dickinson, R W
- Clarke, G M
- Publication Date: 1993-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 226 p.
- TRT Terms: Environmental impacts; Freight transportation; Highway capacity; Highway maintenance; Highway safety; Highway transportation; Impact studies; Lane closure; Maintenance management; Modal shift; Traffic congestion; Travel patterns
- Uncontrolled Terms: Closures; Maintenance costs; Traffic patterns
- Geographic Terms: Gulf Intracoastal Waterway; Texas
- Subject Areas: Environment; Freight Transportation; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00664340
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/TX-93/1283-2F, Res Rept 1283-2F, Vol II, TTI: 0-1283
- Contract Numbers: Study 0-1283
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 18 1994 12:00AM