HIGHWAY-RAIL CROSSING ACCIDENT/INCIDENT AND INVENTORY BULLETIN, NO. 15, CALENDAR YEAR 1992
The fifteenth annual report, issued by the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) Office of Safety, combines highway-rail crossing accident/incident statistics with the National highway-rail crossing inventory. Accident/incident data are compiled from monthly reports filed by railroads. The National highway-rail crossing inventory contains sight-survey data about individual crossings and is provided voluntarily by states and railroads. Information on accidents/incidents and crossings is presented in the following sequence: Historical data on highway-rail crossing accidents/incidents at public crossings; Summary of 1992 accidents/incidents that occurred at public crossing sites; Physical and operational statistics for all public at-grade highway-rail crossings as described in the inventory on July 21, 1993; and Summary of 1992 accidents/incidents occurring at private highway-rail crossings and tabulations of private crossings in the inventory.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1992-8
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 127 p.
- TRT Terms: Crashes; History; Railroad grade crossings; Statistics; Time series; Traffic incidents
- Uncontrolled Terms: Incidents
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; History; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; I81: Accident Statistics;
- Accession Number: 00664274
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 8 1994 12:00AM