AIRCRAFT ACCIDENT REPORT: CONTROLLED COLLISION WITH TERRAIN, EXPRESS II AIRLINES, INC./NORTHWEST AIRLINK FLIGHT 5719, JETSTREAM BA-3100, N334PX, HIBBING, MINNESOTA, DECEMBER 1, 1993
This report explains the crash of Northwest Airlink flight 5719, a Jetstream BA-3100, while the airplane was on the localizer back course approach to runway 13 at Chisholm-Hibbing Airport, Hibbing, Minnesota, on December 1, 1993. The safety issues in the report focused on pilot training and procedures, company oversight of flight operations, and surveillance by the Federal Aviation Administration. Recommendations concerning these issues were made to the Federal Aviation Administration.
National Transportation Safety Board800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20594
- Publication Date: 1994-5-24
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 114 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation crashes; Airline pilots; Fatalities; Oversight; Personnel performance; Surveillance
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Federal Aviation Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pilot performance
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00664261
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB/AAR-94/05, Notation 6250A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 3 1994 12:00AM