AIRCRAFT ACCIDENT REPORT: CONTROLLED FLIGHT INTO TERRAIN, FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION, BEECH SUPER KING AIR 300/F, N82, FRONT ROYAL, VIRGINIA, OCTOBER 26, 1993
This report explains the crash into mountainous terrain of a Beech Super King Air 300/F, N82, owned by the Federal Aviation Administration, near Front Royal, Virginia, on October 26, 1993. The safety issues discussed in the report focused on the Federal Aviation Administration's flying program operations and the flight safety management system. Recommendations concerning these issues were addressed to the Federal Aviation Administration.
National Transportation Safety Board800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20594
- Publication Date: 1994-4-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 111 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation crashes; Airline pilots; Aviation safety; Fatalities; Fog; Mountains; Personnel performance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pilot performance
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00664260
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB/AAR-94/03, Notation 6218B
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 3 1994 12:00AM