FUNCTIONAL ROUTES. AN INVENTORY FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE INTERNAL SWOV INSTITUTE FOR ROAD SAFETY RESEARCH 'BICYCLE MASTER PLAN INFRASTRUCTURE' PROJECT GROUP
FUNCTIONELE ROUTES. EEN INVENTARISATIE TEN BEHOEVE VAN DE INTERNE SWOV-PROJECTGROEP 'MASTERPLAN FIETS INFRASTRUCTUUR'
Functional routes are routes characterized by: (1) a more or less similar origin and destination such as journeys to school and/or work; (2) an intensity of more than 200 cyclists per day; and (3) a minimum length of 500 metres. An inventory is made of different routes in a number of Dutch municipalities. The determinative conditions of these routes for the traffic safety of cyclists and moped riders are also described. Finally, 5 routes to school and 5 routes to work are selected which are appropriate for behavioural observations of cyclists.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- SLANGEN, D
- Publication Date: 1992
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 68 p.
- Issue Number: R-92-73
- TRT Terms: Bikeways; Comfort; Cyclists; Improvements; Layout; Safety; Schools; Traffic engineering; Travel; Work trips
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00663212
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Files: ITRD
- Created Date: Aug 24 1994 12:00AM