PASSER IV-94, VERSION 1.0, USER/REFERENCE MANUAL. FINAL REPORT
PASSER IV-94 is a new program for timing traffic signals in networks based on progression bandwidth optimization. This manual describes how to use the program to obtain optimal signal timings. PASSER IV is capable of optimizing signal timings for arterials as well as multi-arterial closed-loop networks. The program explicitly handles one-way and two-way arterials in a network and thus, is able to deal with conventional and three-level diamond interchanges in isolation or as sub-networks within a larger network of arterials. The program is composed of two modules: the user interface and the optimization module. The user interface is extremely easy to use and provides the following features: file management functions, data entry/edit modes, graphic display of network, running the optimization routine, and running the TRANSYT-7F program. In addition, it provides full mouse support. The optimization module performs bandwidth maximization. In addition to its own output report, the optimization routine is capable of generating input data files for use with the TRANSYT-7F program to perform bandwidth-constrained delay minimization. Thus, PASSER IV provides a network signal timing optimization capability that was previously available only for arterial problems through the combined use of the two programs PASSER II and AAP.
- Research study title: Freeway Corridor Signal Timing Development and Application.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Austin, TX United States 78763-5051
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Chaudhary, N A
- Messer, C J
- Publication Date: 1993-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Arterial highways; Bandwidth; Computer program documentation; Computer programs; Manuals; Maximization; Optimization; Traffic delays; Traffic signal control systems; Traffic signal timing
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00662782
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/TX-94/1271-1F, Res Rept 1271-1F, TTI: 0-1271
- Contract Numbers: Study 0-1271
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 5 1994 12:00AM