This committee report discusses the continuing increase in utilization of concrete as a building material and its inevitable deterioration which magnifies the problem of restoration or maintenance. Discussed are topics such as remove-and-replace technique, preplaced aggregates, dry-pack method, pneumatically applied mortar, structural crack restoration, and the epoxy injection process. The techniques are presented in general terms as a possible guide to choosing methods to be considered for specific restoration projects.
- Proceedings of the Seventy-Ninth Annual Convention of the American Railway Bridge & Building Association held at Chicago, Illinois, October 1-3, 1974.
American Railway Bridge & Building Association18154 Harwood Avenue
Homewood, IL USA 60430
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: p. 67-77
- Publication of: American Railway Bridge & Building Association
- Publisher: American Railway Bridge & Building Association
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Durability; Repairing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Concrete restoration
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00096565
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 24 1975 12:00AM