THE PRESENT SITUATION AND FUTURE PROSPECTS IN THIRD SHIPBUILDING COUNTRIES: UPHEAVAL IN EASTERN EUROPE AND POSSIBLE REVIVAL
An overview is given of world shipbuilding as it moves into the 1990s, showing how political, technological and economic circumstances have affected its growth and decline in particular countries and regions. An analysis is given of how newbuildings, incomplete orders, and order backlogs have led to the realignment and reclassification of shipbuilding countries under any of three different categories. A discription is then given of the shipbuilding facilities in each major shipbuilding country and region. Finally, explanations are presented as to why certain countries will most likely obtain a larger share of the shipbuilding trade in the decades to come.
Japan Maritime Research Institute, Tokyo, ZZ N/A
- Nagatsuka, S
- Publication Date: 1990-9
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Economic forecasting; Maritime industry; Shipbuilding; Trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Trade forecasts
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00661786
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Report/Paper Numbers: JAMRI-90-38
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM