VIBRATION OF THE SUPERSTRUCTURE OF AN AFT-BRIDGE SHIP
This report regards the superstructure of an aft-bridge ship as being supported at its base by springs connected to the hull, itself regarded as a shear beam of constant cross-section. Based on this model, the influence of longitudinal and vertical vibration on the hull structure is investigated, and a calculation method is derived. In the calculation method, the influence of each main type of design element on the vibration is explained briefly. Computer methods of vibration analysis are given, and vibration tests on actual ship hulls were carried out in order to compare theoretical and experimental results. Finally, a simplified frequency calculation checking procedure for use in the early stages of design is presented.
- Report; Translation of West Japan Society of Naval Architects, No.38, July 1969, p.93
- Ohnuma, S
- Publication Date: 1969
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Superstructures; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Aft-bridge ship; Superstructure vibration
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00661453
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Report/Paper Numbers: BSRA-TRANS-3499
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM