RECOMMENDATION FOR THE CALCULATION OF THE RANGE OF A SOUND SIGNAL, 20 NOVEMBER 1968
The Executive Committee of I.A.L.A. has approved the report entitled "The Definition and Method of Calculation of the Nominal Range and Usual Range of a Sound Signal--February 1968," prepared by the I.A.L.A. Subcommittee on Sound Signals. The report provides data to estimate the range of sound signals in certain defined conditions regarding meteorological state, noise on board and probability of signal perception. Specifically, the nominal range, usual range and actual range of the sound signal are given separate distinctions in the calculation procedure. This procedure is recommended as the standard method in calculating comparative ranges of sound signals in a consistent manner.
- Report; Extract from I.A.L.A. Bulletin, No.40, April 1969
International Association of Lighthouse Authorities, Paris, ZZ N/A
- Publication Date: 1968
- Pagination: 1 p.
- TRT Terms: Calculation; Range (Vehicles); Recommendations; Signals; Sound; Sound transmission
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computation
- Old TRIS Terms: Sound signals
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00661024
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM