EXPERIMENTS ON ONE-SIDED WELDING, PART 4: MECHANISED VERTICAL SHIELDED-ARC WELDING WITH WELD PREPARATION ON POSITION
This report describes a number of experiments on one-sided welding, using the same guide bar for preparation (flame cutting) and for final shielded arc welding. This cutting and welding combination is investigated for vertical welding positions used with backing strips. Particular attention was paid to the filling of the joint seam and to the avoidance of defects during welding. Welding data were gathered for various test pieces that were eventually subjected to extensive destructive and nondestructive testing. Practical applications using the selected outstanding materials and procedures were carried out in the production operations of two shipyards.
Netherlands Maritime Institute, ZZ N/A
- Sipkes, M P
- Publication Date: 1977-9
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 83 p.
- TRT Terms: Backing strips; Electric arc welding; Weld tests; Welding
- Old TRIS Terms: One side welding; Shielded arc welding; Vertical welding
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00660521
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Report/Paper Numbers: BSRA-TRANS-4058, R-57
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM