The Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) has been given the go-ahead and will be phased in between 1992 and 1999. This article summarizes the purposes of the system, the equipment that will be required--including satellite communications equipment, digital selective calling, Navtex, Epirbs and radar transponders-- and the timetable for implementation of the system.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01420666
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1990-2
- Pagination: 1-1/2p.
- Safety at Sea International
- Issue Number: No.251
- Publisher: DMG World Media, Limited
- ISSN: 0142-0666
- Old TRIS Terms: Global maritime distress and safety system; System descriptions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00660165
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM