IMITATING THE AIRWAYS?
Planes, airways and airports operate at a higher technological level than their maritime counterparts. This article examines the question of whether economic and safety arguments justify reducing this disparity through the installation of vessel traffic service (VTS) systems and if they do, of the degree to which the needed technology exists.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/02674823
- Journal article; vessel traffic services
- Griffiths, D
- Publication Date: 1990-3
- Pagination: 2-1/2p.
- Port Development Int
- Volume: 6
- Issue Number: No.3
- ISSN: 0267-4823
- TRT Terms: Economic analysis; Traffic control
- Old TRIS Terms: Navigational safety; System descriptions
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00659941
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM