SEAWORTHY MAYBE, BUT WILL IT DO THE JOB?
In January 1990, marine consultants Noble Denton International launched the Towing Vessel Approvability Scheme in recognition of the benefits to the marine and offshore industries of establishing technical standards for towing vessels. These standards are intended to reduce risks to life and property by ensuring that a vessel used for towage purposes is appropriate to the type of task involved. The specifications of towing vessels will be kept in a Register that will be published annually. Technical guidelines to help in reviewing vessel suitability will also be published.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00475955
- Journal article; tug capabilities
- Publication Date: 1990-1
- Pagination: 1-1/4p.
- Marine Engineers Review
- ISSN: 0047-5955
- TRT Terms: Directories; Standards; Tugboats; Vehicle characteristics
- Old TRIS Terms: Ship characteristics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00659455
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM