WELDING TRENDS IN TODAY'S SHIPYARD
Points touched upon in this brief overview of welding trends are: simplification of the design process through the use of CAD/CAM systems; the increase in modular construction; improvements in joint design; changing materials (for example, synthetic fuels) and new equipment; new steels; newer comsumables such as small-diameter flux cored wire; and changing processes. Finding and recruiting skilled people continues to be a chronic problem, with few training schools having either the equipment or instructors needed to teach flux cored arc welding or pulsed arc welding--two widely used processes that will become even more popular in the 90s.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/17156061
- Journal article
- Kvidahl, L G
- Publication Date: 1990-1
- Pagination: 2-1/2p.
- TRT Terms: Shipbuilding; Trend (Statistics); Welding
- Subject Areas: Construction; Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00659317
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM