COMPUTER OPTIMIZES LUBRICANT FORMULAS
Most marine lubricants contain about ten additives, which means that many different formulations are possible and that the odds against developing a lubricant with specific properties by chance are extremely high. It is described how recent advances in computer programming have led to the development of a mathematical model capable of simplifying the design of better lubricant formulas.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1990-1
- Pagination: 1-1/2p.
- TRT Terms: Lubricants; Mathematical models
- Old TRIS Terms: Design process
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00659137
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM