SOFT COATING KEEPS BALLAST TANKS RUST-FREE
A ballast tank coating called Magnakote, marketed by Drew Ameroid Marine, USA, is described. The particular advantages claimed for the product are that it can be applied with no surface treatment other than the removal of loose debris; it is transparent, allowing the original surface to be inspected, and there is no vapor hazard during the drying out period. A soft coating, it is a patented mix of organic and inorganic materials in a matrix of gelling and drying oils, and lasts for 24 to 30 months. Work is underway to try to extend this life.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-9
- Pagination: 1-2/3p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast tanks; Corrosion protection; Protective coatings; Tanks (Containers)
- Old TRIS Terms: Product descriptions; Soft coatings; Tank coatings
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00658361
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM