IMO RESOLUTIONS: RESOLUTION A.535(13) ADOPTED ON 17 NOVEMBER 1983
The text of IMO Resolution A.535(13) is reprinted in full. The resolution was developed as a result of the grounding of the AMOCO CADIZ, where one of the problems encountered was the salvage tug's inability to secure lines to the vessel to pull it from danger. It offers recommendations on emergency towing requirements for tankers--for example, regarding towing system components (strongpoint, chafing chain, fairlead and supporting structure)--and a list of information to be transmitted to the towing ship.
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-6
- Pagination: 2-3/4p.
- Volume: 46
- Issue Number: No.4
- TRT Terms: Recommendations; Tankers; Towing devices
- Identifier Terms: International Maritime Organization
- Old TRIS Terms: Disabled vessels
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Research;
- Accession Number: 00658165
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM