WHEN FUEL EFFICIENCY MEANS A LUBE PENALTY
While fuel consumption for slow-speed, two-stroke crosshead diesels decreased by 20-25% between 1964 and 1989, cylinder oil consumption increased dramatically by 40-60%. It is explained how a simple nomogram can help to determine when a crosshead diesel's gains in fuel economy are being offset by increased cylinder oil costs.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/17156061
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-7
- Pagination: 1-1/3p.
- TRT Terms: Costs; Diesel engines; Fuel consumption; Lubricating oils; Nomographs
- Subject Areas: Energy; Finance; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00658107
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM