CONTAINER TRADE AND PORT INVESTMENT LEVELS
This article reviews a study entitled "Container Port Pressures to 1995: an Analysis of Port Competition and Trade Development," prepared by Ocean Shipping Consultants, in the UK, and highlights some of the conclusions of the study. Two tables accompany the review. The first gives forecast figures for container trade growth by major world areas to 1995. The second forecasts required additional port capacity in these major port ranges. The study itself, which runs to 192 pages, provides a detailed evaluation of the commercial climate for the major port ranges to 1995. It also includes an analysis of container port and terminal facilities, worldwide, as of the late 1980s.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7012964
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1988-9
- Pagination: 1-1/3p.
- TRT Terms: Capital investments; Forecasting; Port operations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Port finance
- Old TRIS Terms: Containerized shipping
- Subject Areas: Finance; Marine Transportation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00656254
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM