SUCCESS FOR RUDDER ON LARGE VESSELS
Following many successful installations of Schilling rudders on smaller vessels of most types, owners of large tonnage are now specifying these rudders. Studies seem to confirm their suitability for any size vessel and they offer the ability to turn on-the-spot, maneuver at close quarters, and traverse without the aid of stern thrusters.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1988-6
- Pagination: 1-1/2p.
- TRT Terms: Rudders
- Uncontrolled Terms: Large ships; Selection
- Old TRIS Terms: Schilling rudder
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00655555
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM