TAILORED FOR CONTAINERSHIPS--THE NEW MAN B&W KMC-C ENGINES
Type-testing has been completed for a new low-speed engine design-- MAN B&W Diesel's KMC-C series--which this article describes, and which is tailored for the latest generation of containerships. A speed range of 89 to 104 rev/min was selected for the series after extensive market research among owners, yards and propeller makers. The designers tried to achieve the desired performance goals in conjunction with constructional refinements aimed at improving competitiveness for the containership market through reduced production costs, lighter weight and more modest space requirements.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00475955
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1990-4
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Marine Engineers Review
- ISSN: 0047-5955
- TRT Terms: Containerships; Diesel engines
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine descriptions; Man b&w kmc-c engines; Slow speed diesels
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00660264
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM