SDZ PRINCIPLES EMBODIED IN THREE-SHIP CONTAINER VESSEL SERIES
SdZ (Ship of the Future) principles have been applied to three sister containerships ordered by Hamburg-Sudamerikanische Dampfschiffarhts-Gesselschaft Eggert & Amsinck (HSDG) from Flender Werft of Lubeck. The first of the series, CAP TRAFLAGER, has been delivered and is described. The vessel and her sisterships, the CAP POLONIO and the CAP FINISTERRE, were built along the lines of one of the yard's standard geared containerships, the Flender 2000. Deck stowage for empty boxes has been transferred, however, from aft of the superstructure to a location immediately forward of the accommodation block, above the main engine. This means that loaded boxes can be accommodated, whereas before only empty units could be carried. Each vessel can carry 1,011 TEU in the holds, including 650 TEU of reefer capacity, plus an additional 949 TEU on deck. THe Ship Operating Center (wheelhouse) is arranged for one-man watchkeeping at sea, with the control position offset to starboard for better command visibilty.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/02652455
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1990-4
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Lloyd's Ship Manager & Shipping News International
- ISSN: 0265-2455
- TRT Terms: Containerships
- Old TRIS Terms: Cap finisterre (Vessel); Cap polonio (Vessel); Cap trafalgar (Vessel); Future ships; Vessel descriptions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00660152
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM