INNOVATIONS IN THE FIELD OF SHIPBUILDING TECHNIQUES
Several inventions that are related to the building-slip stage of the ship construction process are introduced. The first involves portable machine tools developed for the purpose of minimizing tool misalignment after boring. Also described are tool and shaft misalignment compensators that simplify and reduce the cost of shaft line installation. A portable milling machine with a special machine tool is recommended for machining ship seatings, especially large seats located on structures made of lightweight alloys. A procedure for monitoring the planeness of seats through the use of a straightedge is explained. Lastly, special caps have been developed for the temporary sealing of flangeless pipes made from any material during hydraulic testing at pressures up to 60 MPa.
- Journal article; DTIC distribution restrictions apply
- Gavrilyuk, L P
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Machine tools; Machines; Machining; Milling; Pipe; Shipbuilding; Technological innovations; Translations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Capping; Milling machines
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Subject Areas: Construction; Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00660038
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM