WAGES AT DOCKYARDS ABROAD
Data reflecting the hourly wages of shipbuilding workers in different countries during 1982-1987 are tabulated and analyzed. Based on records from Lloyds' Register of Shipping, the volume of shipbuilding orders, worldwide, is summarized. Statistics from the American Council of Shipbuilders are cited that present an age- related analysis of dockyard workers. The scarcity of certain skilled shipyard workers is also noted, as is the continuing dependence of U.S. shipyards upon Navy shipbuilding orders.
- Journal article; DTIC distribution restrictions apply
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Labor costs; Shipbuilding; Ships; Shipyard personnel; Statistics; Translations
- Identifier Terms: United States Navy
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Salary surveys
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00660021
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM