MEANS FOR ENHANCING THE EFFICIENCY OF A SHIPBOARD POWER-GENERATING EQUIPMENT BREAKDOWN PROTECTION SYSTEM
A means for enhancing the efficiency (reliability and operating speed) of breakdown protection for different types of control systems is examined, with particular reference to automated shipboard power plants (steam-turbine, gas-turbine, diesel and mixed-flow). A simplified electrical diagram of a breakdown protection device for the control system is presented and characterized. The breadboarding of the system is also described to show the construction principles on which the design of the protection devices is based.
- Journal article; DTIC distribution restrictions apply
- Litvak, V I
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Circuit breakers; Control devices; Control systems; Electric power plants; Translations
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Circuit protection; Power plant consoles
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00660018
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM