MONOHULL HEADS FLOATING 'PORTFOLIO'
Many offshore operators are giving serious consideration to production platforms that are shaped like a ship. A concept developed by Aker Engineering AS, Norway, for a new monohull production vessel is explained, together with the philosophy behind its development. Aker makes a point of emphasizing that the vessel "is not a ship, it is a monohull production platform. It is designed to be built using simple shipyard construction methods and is full bodied in shape."
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00475955
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-6
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Marine Engineers Review
- ISSN: 0047-5955
- TRT Terms: Drilling ships; Offshore drilling platforms; Offshore oil industry
- Uncontrolled Terms: Production plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Drill ships; Floating plant facilities; Monohulls
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00659930
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM