A review is presented of the satellite configuration and operational status of the COSPAS-SARSAT system, an international cooperative project to use satellite technology to detect and locate aircraft or vessels in distress. Future plans of the Soviet Union and the United States for the space and ground segments of the system are also noted.
- Conference paper
- Bailey, J T
- Radio Technical Commission for Maritime Services Annual Meeting
- Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Date: 1988-4-17 to 1988-4-22
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 8p.
- TRT Terms: Satellite communication; Search and rescue operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Cospas/sarsat; System descriptions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00659873
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM