WHICH REGISTER, WHICH FLAG....NOW?
Registers have been classed as open, offshore, captive, secondary and flag-of-convenience. The author poses the question of what distinctions can be made between the types and of whether those distinctions matter. In his discussion of the question, he concludes that there are only three distinctions of consequence: whether a register is high-cost or low-cost; whether it is accessible or inaccessible; and whether it has high standards or low standards. The various types of registers are compared in relation to these differences.
- Conference paper
- Lusted, J
- Which Register, Which Flag--Now? --Now?
- Location: New York, NY
- Date: 1988-10-19 to 1988-10-20
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 13p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Costs; Registry; Standards
- Subject Areas: Finance; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00659870
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM