TANKER SAFETY--FLAGS OF NECESSITY VS TRADITIONAL FLAGS
Statistics are presented to show that tankers flying flags of necessity have a slightly better "safety profile" than tankers flying traditional maritime flags. The safety record of tankers as a whole has also been improving, and this at a time when the number of tankers flying flags of necessity and the number of open registries have been growing.
- Conference paper
- MCKENZIE, A
- Which Register, Which Flag--Now?
- Location: New York, NY
- Date: 1988-10-19 to 1988-10-20
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 4p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Flags of convenience; Marine safety; Registry; Statistics; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Tanker accidents; Tanker safety
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00659869
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM