THE ROLE OF BAREBOAT CHARTER/DUAL REGISTRATION IN THE FIGHT TO REDUCE VESSEL OPERATION COSTS
With the trend toward flagging out to reduce operating costs, a method has been developed that involves a bareboat charter agreement. The legal basis for this particular form of out-flagging is solely the national law of the two flag states involved in a bareboat charter registration. The system, which is particularly widely used by German shipowners, is first explained. The question of the conditions under which it can be a better alternative than other forms of flag change is then addressed.
- Conference paper
- Kroger, B
- Which Register, Which Flag--Now?
- Location: New York, NY
- Date: 1988-10-19 to 1988-10-20
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 14p.
- TRT Terms: Chartering; Legal factors; Registry
- Old TRIS Terms: Dual registration
- Subject Areas: Law; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00659868
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM