THE LIBERIAN MARITIME PROGRAM--FORWARD FROM FORTY
The Liberian Maritime Program was a joint American/Liberian concept and a cooperative effort from its inaugural in 1948. The most significant growth in the Liberian Registry occurred between 1965 and 1975, and the highest registered tonnage occurred in 1978. Since then, tonnage has declined by about 36 percent. The reasons for the decline, the current status of the Registry, and the outlook for the future are reviewed.
- Conference paper
- Wiswall Jr, F L
- Which Register, Which Flag--Now?
- Location: New York, NY
- Date: 1988-10-19 to 1988-10-20
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 12p.
- TRT Terms: Flags of convenience; Registry
- Geographic Terms: Liberia
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00659808
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM