THE PANAMANIAN REGISTER'S POSITION IN THE INTERNATIONAL SHIPOWNING COMMUNITY
Following an introduction and brief background on the Panamanian Register, the author proceeds to discuss the administrative role of the Directorate of Consular and Maritime Affairs; the evolution of the registry; the services being offered, including Panamanian assistance with ship mortgages and dual registry; the Registry and the International Maritime Organization; the Registry and the classification societies; Panamanian shipowners' advisory committees; new Panamanian Maritime programs; the expanding role of Panama in the maritime sphere; and the Registry and the Panama Canal.
- Conference paper
- Torrijos, H
- Which Register, Which Flag--Now?
- Location: New York, NY
- Date: 1988-10-19 to 1988-10-20
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 34p.
- TRT Terms: Flags of convenience; Registry
- Geographic Terms: Panama
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00659806
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM