WEIGHING IN A DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENT
Continous weighing systems and their accuracy are important in numerous coal handling operations, especially when high-tonnage throughputs are involved. The conveyor belts at coal terminals and facilities, however, place tough demands on continuous weighing machines. In addition, weather can create a very hostile environment for the machines. Inflo Bulk Control Systems, a UK-based company, has developed a belt weigher that it claims combines high performance with reliability under even the most arduous conditions. This system, which utilizes "Resometric" technology that has a transducer at its core, is described. The transducer senses changes in the natural resonant frequency occurring in a length of wire when affected by the force created by a moving bulk material such as coal.
- Journal article; bulk material weigher
- Publication Date: 1990-2
- Pagination: 2 p.
- Volume: 5
- Issue Number: No.1
- TRT Terms: Belt conveyors; Bulk cargo; Weight
- Old TRIS Terms: Conveyor belts; Inflo belt weigher; Product descriptions; Weight calculation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00659759
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM