FIRE SAFETY ON PASSENGER VESSELS OPERATING IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
This paper focuses on the United States Coast Guard's program for the examination of foreign-flag passenger vessels operating in United States waters. Additionally, it addresses the United States' position on the passenger vessel fire safety initiatives now under consideration in the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
- Conference paper
- MacDonald, John H.G.
- Murtagh, M
- International Symposium on Fire Safety of Ships
- Location: Piraeus, Greece
- Date: 1989-5-9 to 1989-5-11
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 12p.+discuss.
- TRT Terms: Cruise ships; Fire prevention; Fires; Passenger ships; Safety
- Identifier Terms: United States Coast Guard
- Uncontrolled Terms: Flag carriers; Port state control
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00659695
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM