TRANS DANIA: SIDE LOADER IS DESIGNED TO CARRY NEWSPRINT REELS
The TRANS DANIA, a 5,353 dwt newsprint carrier delivered to Norwegian owner Seatrans, is described. The vessel is designed to carry newsprint paper reels in two cargo holds. Both holds have smooth surfaces and are boarded with plywood so that there are no obstructions to damage the cargo. The heart of the cargo handling system is a side loader. The side door, 13.7m high and 8.0m wide, is hydraulically operated, and in the open position provides a shelter for the pallet lifts. Both bridge wings are totally enclosed. The after mooring winches can be remotely controlled by one man, with bridge personnel observing through remote video cameras. Profile and general arrangement drawings are shown.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/7260964
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1990-2
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Forest products
- Old TRIS Terms: Newsprint; Side loading; Trans dania (Vessel); Vessel descriptions
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00659474
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM