PROPULSION AND MANOEUVERING
Nine short items comprise this feature on propulsion and maneuvering. The main pieces are: "Research and Development of Propeller Boss Cap Fins";"Shaft Torsionmeter from EEL Limited";"KaMeWa-Seapacer for Voyage Optimisation," describing a computerized control system for automatically adjusting engine output to meet a set limit on fuel consumption; "A Revolutionary Hull Design and Propulsion Configuration," describing a concept that uses ducts along the hull of a vessel with tractor propellers forward and that is claimed to reduce the power requirement by 50%; "Joystick Control to DP System," discussing the new DYPOS 880 J joystick control introduced by a Finnish firm for use with dynamic positioning systems; and "Cyclo Propulsion on Sea Trials," about the successful trials, in a cruise ship installation, of an electric drive system incorporating the Cyclo concept developed by ABB Stromberg Drives.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/6660842
- Journal article
- Publication Date: 1989-12
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Alignment; Control devices; Control systems; Couplers; Ducts; Fins (Aircraft); Maneuvering; Performance; Propellers; Propulsion; Rudders; Shafts (Machinery); Ship operations; Torque
- Old TRIS Terms: Control sticks; Cycloconverters; Dypos 880 j; Fins; Propeller hubs; Propulsion devices; Ship performance; Torquemeters
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00659470
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Technical Information Facility
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 21 1994 12:00AM