RESEARCH NEEDS FOR EVALUATING URBAN PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
This Special Report contains the results of a 3-day conference organized by the Committee on Public Transportation Planning and Development of the Transportation Research Board to devote attention to the research needed for evaluating urban public transportation. There is an introductory surveys of the need for evaluation of urban public transportation, followed by the five formal papers presented to the conference as a setting for workshop discussions. Part III of the Special Report contains the workshop reports describing the general discussions and any consensus reached. Part IV contains the 57 research project statements which were the important products of the workshop groups. The research statements were developed independently by the individual workshops, and thus there are certain overlaps in various tasks of the research called for. An index is provided as a cross-reference to the subject topics of the research project statements. The conferees were not reticent in designation of costs, priorities, and establishment of research urgency. The total suggested costs to undertaken all the identified research in the 57 projects amount to nearly $8,000,000.
- Digital Copy:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/0360859X
- For abstracts of individual paper see HRIS Numbers 00099237-00099247.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Conference on the Research Needs for Evaluating Urban Public Transportation
- Location: Washington District of Columbia, United States
- Date: 1974-4-3 to 1974-4-5
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 123 p.
- Transportation Research Board Special Report
- Issue Number: 155
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0360-859X
- TRT Terms: Conferences; Evaluation; Governments; Perspective views; Planning; Project management; Public transit; Research; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Workshops
- Uncontrolled Terms: Projects
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00099235
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Oct 18 1981 12:00AM